Sunday, March 14, 2010

R Table Failed to Generate

I woke up early morning today. After praying Shubuh and doing some activities that I must do in the morning, I boot my laptop with one purpose, to generate R table (This term is only from my self). This table is needed to crack a password. Hmm, I don't actually know the different between R table with dictionary attack. But, some literatures said that cracking using R table is more powerful.

There is always a building block to achieve a goal. And I realize it. Generating R table is not easy. At about 6 AM in the morning, I started to generate R table. After calculating using Benchmark, it needs 6 to 7 hours to generate. So I started to generate this table. And I left my laptop for another activity, going to AHASS to repair my motor cycle. But, when I went back to my laptop, it is already shutted down.

Then I tried to build R table for the second time. After for hours of generating, my laptop was shutted down again.

So, my conclusion is I need a cool room with AC to reduce the heat produced by my laptop. Because the laptop will work for almost 7 hours to generate the table. This table is for cracking a password with 80% success rate. If I want to crack a password with 99,90% success rate, I have to generate much more bigger table with the size 122.07 MB. But, to generate such a kind table needs 9.6 days to generate. So I need cool place and a robust processor....

No comments: